Vaping is becoming increasingly popular, and sales are rising each year. If you’re a newcomer to the world of electronic cigarettes and are looking to purchase a device that suits you, but don’t know where to start, then this is the guide for you.
Vaping is the process of converting vape liquid into an aerosol that can be inhaled by the user. The principle is to heat a liquid until it turns into steam, similar to the process of water turning into steam. Vaping devices use a battery to heat up a liquid, which may contain nicotine, flavoring, and other chemicals, and turn it into vapor. Vaping has some advantages and disadvantages compared to smoking cigarettes, which are the most common form of tobacco use. Here are some of the steps on how to vape properly:
Choose a vaping device that suits your needs and preferences.
There are different types of vaping devices, such as vapes, disposable vapes, pod vapes, vape pens, box mods, and mechanical mods. Each device has its own features, benefits, and drawbacks. Some devices have adjustable settings that let the user change the power output, the temperature, or the airflow of the device. Some devices also have different types of e-liquids, such as regular nicotine, nicotine salts, or CBD.
Choose an e-liquid that suits your taste and nicotine level.
E-liquids are the liquids that are vaporized by the vaping device. E-liquids come in different flavors, such as fruity, minty, tobacco, dessert, and many more. E-liquids also come in different nicotine concentrations, ranging from zero to high levels. You can also choose between regular nicotine and nicotine salts, which are a smoother and more potent form of nicotine.
Charge the battery of your vape device.
Most vaping devices have an indicator light that shows the battery level and the charging status. Make sure to use the correct charger for your device and do not overcharge it.
Fill your vape device’s tank or cartridge with your preferred e-liquid, or use pre-filled cartridges.
Depending on the type of device you have, you may need to unscrew the tank or pod, remove the coil, or open a slot to access the e-liquid chamber. Make sure to fill the chamber with the right amount of e-liquid and avoid any spills or leaks.
Connect the atomizer or cartridge to the vape device.
Some devices have a button that you need to press to turn them on or off, while others are draw-activated, meaning they turn on when you inhale. Some devices also have adjustable settings that let you change the power output, the temperature, or the airflow of the device. You can adjust these settings to suit your preferences and needs.
Inhale the vapor and exhale it as you would with a cigarette.
There are two main methods of inhaling vapor: mouth-to-lung (MTL) and direct-to-lung (DTL). MTL is when you draw the vapor into your mouth first, then inhale it into your lungs. DTL is when you inhale the vapor directly into your lungs. MTL is more similar to smoking, while DTL is more intense and satisfying. You can choose the method that works best for you, depending on your device and e-liquid.
What are Mouth-to-Lung (MTL) and Direct-to-Lung (DTL)?Mouth-to-lung (MTL) and direct-to-lung (DTL) are two different techniques for inhaling vapor from a vaping device. They have different effects on the user’s throat, lungs, and nicotine delivery.
- Mouth-to-lung (MTL) is when you draw the vapor into your mouth first, and then inhale it into your lungs. This is similar to how you smoke a cigarette. MTL vaping requires a higher resistance coil, a lower power output, and a higher nicotine strength. MTL vaping produces less vapor, but more flavor and throat hit. MTL vaping is suitable for beginners, smokers, and stealth vapers.
- Direct-to-lung (DTL) is when you inhale the vapor directly into your lungs, without holding it in your mouth. This is similar to how you take a deep breath. DTL vaping requires a lower resistance coil, a higher power output, and a lower nicotine strength. DTL vaping produces more vapor, but less flavor and throat hit. DTL vaping is suitable for experienced vapers, cloud chasers, and flavor enthusiasts.
Store your vaping device properly when you are not using it.
When you are done vaping, turn off the device and detach the tank, pod, or cartridge. Store them in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight and heat sources. Clean the device regularly and replace the coil or the pod when they are worn out or burnt.
I hope this helps you learn how to vape properly. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
When vaping, we also need to master some skills and methods!
- Tilt the mouthpiece up 45° for the best experience.
- Do not invert the rod, that is, do not lie down and suck with the mouthpiece down.
- Do not take large and fast puffs, take small and slow puffs (2-3 seconds per puff), for the best taste.
- Do not leave it in a high-temperature environment in the car for a long time.
- Do not rinse with water, if you need to clean it, you can use a cotton cloth to wipe it.
- Do not touch the inside of the rod with metal objects.
Precautions and popular science about vape
- Do not block the small hole next to the rod when sucking, otherwise, it may cause excessive suction resistance;
- Do not connect the rod directly to the wall socket or car cigarette lighter socket, to avoid causing a battery short circuit;
- Do not charge the rod under high-temperature conditions, take off the smoke bomb before charging, otherwise, it may leak oil due to high temperature;
- The indicator light will be on when charging, and it will go off when fully charged. It is recommended to disconnect the power immediately after full charge, otherwise, it may affect the service life;
- When you find that the rod is hot after continuous suction, wait for it to cool down before continuing to suck, otherwise, it may also cause oil leakage;
- If you can’t finish so many smoke bombs within 3 days, try to open less, and leave them aside after opening and sucking = oil leakage + oxygen + taste change;
- If you do not use the smoke device for more than 2 days, please separate the atomizer core and the rod in time, seal the head and tail of the atomizer core with the matching silicone parts, and store it upside down (suction port down), the atomizer core storage room temperature is 5-25 degrees best;
- For long-term storage of the atomizer core, take it out and use it, you need to stand the atomizer core upright for a few minutes, so that the smoke oil and the atomizer core are fully integrated, to avoid dry burning and scorching the core.